International Student Support

Immigration Procedures

* Here we use the word "visa" to include the meaning of "status of residence".

International students receive a "student" visa from the Immigration Bureau, Ministry of Justice, which means that they are permitted to stay in Japan on the condition that they undertake study (research) at Hiroshima University.

As an international student, there are several visa procedures you need to keep in mind while you are living in Japan. Please read the following list carefully and be aware of the following while in Japan.

■ When the period of your "student" visa is coming to an end...

■ If you are considering working part-time...

■ Acceptance schedule for applying Visa Extension and Part-time Work Permit from the univ...

■ When you leave Japan temporarily...

■ Regarding University Attendence

 When bringing family members to Japan from your home country to live...

■ Regarding A New Residency Management Sytem

■ Hiroshima Regional Immigration Bureau Address

【Contact information】
International Exchange Group, Hiroshima University
(Higashi-Hiroshima Campus, Student Plaza, 3F)

Email: kokusai-sien(at)