International Student Support

Regarding University Attendance

International students receive a "student" visa from the Immigration Bureau, Ministry of Justice, which means that they are permitted to stay in Japan on the condition that they are undertaking studies (research) at Hiroshima University.

If you do not have an acceptable reason for not attending university for 3 or more months, your "student" visa will be revoked, and you will be forced to return to your home country.
Not attending school for financial reasons is not considered as an acceptable reason.

In short, any international student with a "student" visa who takes a temporary leave of absence from the university on the grounds of a lack of funds cannot stay in Japan, and it is also important to note that working a part-time job while on a leave of absence is not permitted.