International Student Support

When you leave Japan temporarily...

Previously, with a "student" visa, it was necessary to apply for re-entry permission before leaving Japan for trips back to your home country, abroad for holiday, or to participate in conferences.

As of July 9, 2012, the re-entry permit system has changed.

Persons who will be re-entering Japan within 1 year will not be required to apply for a re-entry permit.

Please also submit "Temporary Homebound/Traveling Abroad Report" to the Student Support Office in your School or Graduate School, available at the Student Support Office.

Be sure to present your residence card with your passport at departure.

Please check the box for "I'm leaving Japan temporarily and will return." and "Within one year" for intended period out of Japan on the Embarkation card for re-entrant(E/D card).